Missionary Work in Italy

Missionary Work in Italy
Andrew teaching a street contact

Thursday, December 15, 2011

New Companion

How's it goin?  Busy holidays?  Eh, us too.  There's been a lot to do this week with transfers coming, planning and then delaying a baptism, amongst other challenges.  It was great to see Samuel get baptized the other week, and it'll be great to see his sister follow his example this coming sunday.  
I am putting on  a little bit of weight because my current companion (Anziano Minà) has asthma and can't run in the morning.  However, this next transfer I might be able to run again because he is getting transferred to Genova, and there is another missionary coming.  I don't know his name yet though, because he's coming from the MTC.... I'm training this transfer!  (yikes)  We'll hope that he doesn't have asthma.  There are 3 Italians, 3 Americans and 1 Romanian that are coming in this transfer so we'll see which one it is tomorrow.
This last week my testimony of the Member/Missionary relationship was strenghtened.  We've had the opportunity to visit a few members and they thanked us for our efforts to be a part of the ward.  They told us of the missionaries in the past who didn't associate hardly at all with the members and they told us what a difference it makes when we work together.  I can't tell you enough, from a missionary standpoint, how much it helps to have members who are available and ready to help.  In Preach My Gospel, in the section about the Atonement of Jesus Christ, it explains how when Heavenly Father called His Son to suffer the sins of the world he was ready and willing to accept the call.  How indispensible are members of the Church who are willing to accept the Lord's call to serve together with His servants in the vineyard of the Lord!

I know this Church is true.  I know that the marvelous work of the Lord can only move forward when we as missionaries become members of the ward in which we serve, and when the members of the ward in which we serve become missionaries.  I love you all dearly and will talk to you within a week and a half!
-Anziano Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment