Missionary Work in Italy

Missionary Work in Italy
Andrew teaching a street contact

Sunday, December 4, 2011

November 30th - Baptisms

Dear Family-
 
This week was a full one!  We had Samuel's baptism on Sunday, along with 3 others from other companionships here in Torino.  It went super well and he will receive the Holy Ghost this week in Church.  Something great happened after the baptism though.  Sara, Samuel's older sister who is 13, told us that she wanted to follow her brother's example and be baptized too!  She had been thinking about it for a while with her mom and hadn't been to sure.  But she said that when she had prayed to know if our message was true that she received an answer that this was the path she was supposed to take.  So last night we set a date with her to be baptized on the 9th of December.  It's really really soon though so we have to work with her a lot.  I'm hoping that she will be ready and that she has the right motivation.  We'll do our best to get her ready.  It's also a bit tough because of the dad.  He is a tough one.

 Our next Zone Conference is the week before Christmas, Dec. 12-18.  If Jono's or the Danson's package comes late that's okay, it'll come just in time for my birthday :)  (Crap, I'm almost 20?  Non ci credo.)  Oh, another really cool thing.  The other day, one of our investigators when asking me where I come from told me that she knows about Park City because she watches "Everwood," the series that Treat Williams was in.  Let him know that his fame stretches across all the way over here in Torino!  I was a bit proud to be able to say that "the Doctor" was one of my little league football coaches ha.


Anyways, I was studying the Book of Mormon today in Jacob 2,3.  Jacob is kinda chastising (well not kinda, he is chastising) the Nephite men because of their bad examples set before their wives and children.  Verse 35 of chapter 2 struck me most.  As a little side note I wrote "Never, ever, ever do this to your future wife/kids".  Just wanted to let you know that you did 180 degrees opposite of this, and I'm super thankful.  I've seen some pretty depressing relationships between parents and their children here in Italy and I just wanted to thank you and Dad for being so great.
 
I know that the Book of Mormon is true.  With that also comes the knowledge that Jesus is the Christ and Joseph Smith was his prohet, seer, and revelator in these last days.  Because of this I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the Lord's Kingdom here on the earth in preparation to the Second Coming of the Messiah.  That gives me peace. 
 
Love you all tons!
 
-Anziano Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment