Missionary Work in Italy

Missionary Work in Italy
Andrew teaching a street contact

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November 24

Ciao tutti!
 
This week has been hectic, with appointments all over the place and traveling tons.  That sister missionary you met from Verona is Sorella Francesca Lui, who I met in the MTC.  She is super cool, and in the pictures I sent home from the MTC (the one with my district and the Italian flag).  I got Ellery's letter yesterday as well.
 
We went to Milano again for a leadership training.  We watched a movie called 17 Miracles, about the Martin and Willie Handcart Companies that came over into the Salt Lake Valley.  Their story is portrayed through the eyes of Levi Savage, a Latter Day Saint who was experienced as a frontiersman, as opposed to these English immigrants who knew nothing of sleeping on dirt, or pulling a handcart.  There's not a lot of time to explain it, but I want to invite you all to find, rent, or buy this film and watch it together.  It made me so grateful for the blessings I have, and the things that these people did for us, their posterity. 
 
We don't have any plans for Giorno di Ringraziamento (we'll probably celebrate by making some pasta in the evening... boh.)  I have to go because we're super busy today but I wanted to at least bear my testimony.  In this time of the year we see people that don't have family, don't have friends or even peers with whom to associate.  We truly see how much of a blessing this Gospel is in our lives and the peace and happiness these holidays give us as a result of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  At this Thanksgiving I am eternally grateful for Him, for his Atonement and for his love.  I couldn't go on without it!
 
Love you all!
 
-Anziano Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment