Missionary Work in Italy

Missionary Work in Italy
Andrew teaching a street contact

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

October 27th

Ciao!
 
I sent a longer email to Dad this week so I don't have a lot of time left, but I thought I'd shoot you a quick message and some pictures. 
 
We went to Milano twice this last week, once on Saturday and then yesterday on Wednesday.  On Saturday there was a fireside with Elder Gonzalez from the Presidency of the 70.  It was awesome!  He talked to us about our purpose as missionaries and helping people to make and keep covenants.  Then yesterday we went for Interviews with President Wolfgramm.  He pretty much told me that after being in Piacenza for 4 transfers (and my whole mission), I'm probably going to be transfered.  But we'll wait and see eh?  I also got your package, by the way.
 
I'll explain the pictures real quickly.  The first picture is of me with all of my companions I've had.  Starting from the left: Anziano Minà, Anziano Nielsen (my trainer), me and Anziano Wilkins.  Then the next 4 pictures pretty much explain themselves... but I should explain WHY we did this.  At the beginning of this transfer 5 weeks ago, this being mine and Anziano Wilkins third transfer together, we decided to rethink "companionship unity."  So each week we've done some sort of challenge together.  Week 1 was to eat an entire habanero pepper each.  Week 2 was to eat 2 entire oranges, peel and all.  Week 3 was to eat 200g of Nutella.  And week 4 was to eat 1 kilo of spaghetti between the 2 of us (500g each).  We're coming together as a companionship :) (and getting more fat too).
 
Anyways, apart from that the mission is great.  We have 4 baptismal dates, 2 for November 5th, and 2 for November 26th.  I'll be transfered by then but it'll be great to see the pictrures!
 
Love you all tons!
 
-Anziano Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment