Missionary Work in Italy

Missionary Work in Italy
Andrew teaching a street contact

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November 2

Ciao tutti!
 Yeah, the spaghetti was a bit tough on the body, but nothing compared to this week's challenge (eat 1 kilo of gelato each).  I thought I was going to die afterwards... but alas, we overcame the trial and are now closer as companions.  We also decided after this challenge that we're never going to do something like this ever again.  I had a pretty good Halloween as far as the mission goes (although it was a pretty mediocre Halloween as far as Proctors go).  We spent the whole night teaching investigators and knocking doors.  It certainly was a different kind of trick-or-treating.  Although I think our "costumes" (shirts, ties, and name tags) still scared the Italians pretty well...  Maybe that's not a good thing.
 Anyways, big news of the week: I am getting transfered from Piacenza to..... Torino!  I will be companions once again with Anziano Minà, my beloved past companion from Palermo.  We got the call late last night so I am packing today and will be in Torino by tomorrow afternoon.  I'll have the opportunity once more to exponentially improve my italian and ability to cook.  Yes!  I don't know much about Torino right now (ex. the address, the ward, etc.) but I will let you know this week.  Also, obviously since I'm being transfered, letters sent to my old address in Piacenza wont get to me.  If anything, for some reason or another, needs to be send this week you can use my address in Milan:

                     Anziano Proctor
                     Via Gramsci 13/4
                     20090 Opera (MI)
                     Italia
 
I got a really good email from Searle this week, which talked about the old Provo Tabernacle (and the new Provo Temple).  A man in his ward gave a talk about how the Tabernacle, once a beautiful edifice of the Lord, burned to the ground and how it is now to become a Holy Temple of the Lord.  He spoke about how this is how the Lord develops us as people.  Sometimes we think that we are a holy part of the Lord's kingdom on the earth (a tabernacle) and that we've reached our potential.  Then we see that the Lord causes us to be burned down so that we can become something much more holy and beautiful (a temple).  We see that the only way for this transformation to take place is for us to be burned down and brought into the depths of humility (or humbled and changed through repentance).  He then applied this to the Savior Jesus Christ, he being perfect and holy, then being subjected, in an atoning sacrifce for us all, to a descension below all of us, so that he could accomplish something incomprehensible.  It was a really interesting insight on a current day work of the Lord.
 
Anyways, I have to go pack, but I love you all tons!  (Also, we're giong to have lunch with a member and her investigator son, Felipe.  Brazilian food!!)
 
-Anziano Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment