Missionary Work in Italy

Missionary Work in Italy
Andrew teaching a street contact

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

August 12, 2011

Proctors-
   It is almost 6:00 on Wednesday night and boy was it a long (but fun) day.  We went to Maranello to see the Ferrari Factory again today because Anziano Wilkins had never been.  It's a pretty cool place if you're into cars (which almost all 19-21 year old missionaries are).  Anyways, we've still got to do our weekly shopping and then teach our English class tonight. 
   Things are still going fantastic here in Piacenza.  Transfers were this week but Anziano Wilkins and I are both staying together here for another transfer, so we're super excited.  It's brutally hot here in Italy in the summer, and certainly a lot more humid.  If you thought I sweated a lot in Utah, you should see me here.  Or maybe not?  All I know is that those hankerchiefs that Mom said to pack, that I said had no use, now serve to keep me sweat free.  Thanks for keeping me Eagle-Scout-prepared Mama.

I'm glad that Nanna got my letter.  Me and my companion were talking about how much we neglected our grandparents (and even our parents) before the mission.  When you are a missionary and you see how some people don't want to listen to you just because of what you portray with your white shirt and black nametag you really see how important it is to take a minute to stop yourself, and listen to what someone else thinks.  I don't know if we notice how often we tend not to REALLY listen to what others are saying.  We both were saying how we just want to talk to and learn from our families.
   Have fun at the Utah/AZ game and in Lake Powell you two.  Try not to rub it in too much :p   It's funny how we as missionaries become accustomed to life here in Italy.  It really is very different here.  How people dress, how they interact, what they do for fun, what they value.  I hopefully see myself coming back more deeply cultured . . . Although, I will still love America more! :)
   I got some letters sent out this last week to people who had written me.  I think there was Cash, Ellery, Alex, and Sami Myers... So I did respond to those.  Ellery told me that you and her had been super busy but that you finally were able to meet up ha, so thanks for that.  Cash told me that you guys chat every once in a while, that's great.  I know he loves you all so keep it up okay?  Oh also I forgot, I wrote a letter to Cole, Max and Kimber cause our letters back and forth haven't been going through very well.
   There were some other last minute things too.  If you do end up finding a need to send me that package, the best place to send it is to the mission address in Milano.  Sometimes packages get to the missionary apartments late or after transfers and then it's just difficult for the box to get into the right hands.  So if you send one, send it to Milano:
      Missione Italiana di Milano
      Via Gramsci 13/4
      20090 Opera (MI)
     Italia
Anyways, all temporal things aside, I'm still super excited and blessed to be here in Piacenza.  I love it here.  I can feel so strongly the love of our branch members here and the power that it has to work miracles.  Every day I think about what this message means for the world and the people in it, and the power that it has to change their outlooks, their experiences and their lives.  I know that this Gospel is true and that when we endure to the end we see the blessings that come from our faith.  In Mosiah 4:27 it says, "For it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength.  And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize."  We must always strive and press forward, putting our faith in him who gives us strength to run faster.  I love this Gospel with all my heart.
-Anziano Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment