Missionary Work in Italy

Missionary Work in Italy
Andrew teaching a street contact

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

June 29, 2011

Hey all-
 
   How is it going this week?  That was so cool to be able to see all of the wedding photos!  So exciting.  It was way strange to see everyone as of recently, namely Chris' short hair and lack of facial hair, Dad's goatee is back, and Pat's hair is gettin' way long.  You'll have to send me some of the photobooth pictures people took.  I'm trying to figure out how to get pictures to you all so you can see my adventures here in Piacenza but I haven't got a chord to put pictures onto a computer, and also my camera is dead.  I got Aj and Ashley's letters by the way, they helped a ton!
 
   This week has been a pretty exciting one.  We've been making a lot of progress with 3 of our investigators towards baptism.  Rosario is that awesome guy from Napoli.  Then there is this hilarious big hunk of love named Winter from Ecuador.  He loves salsa music and blasts it in his car whenever we're with him.  Then a 21 year old Ecuadorian named John.  He said that his whole life he's had faith in Jesus Christ, but that he felt like he was missing a huge chunk of it.  All 3 of them are ultra prepared.  They all just understand and fit perfectly to the Gospel. 
 
   Also, we got our transfer calls this week.  My trainer, Anziano Nielsen is going to Verona to be a Zone Leader and I'm staying here in Piacenza.  Here's the exciting news though:  I'm getting an Italian companion!  His name is Anziano Minà and he's from Sicilia.  So I will be speaking almost 100% italian starting tomorrow afternoon.  We're going to Milano tomorrow to switch up and all that. 
   I heard just now about a film that came out back in the States called "17 Miracles."  It's supposedly about the Martin Willey Handcart Company.  Info please?  :)  Y'all will have to make a list of films/music/news for me when I get back.
 
   I'm jealous about the golfing y'all get to do . . . they have a small driving range next to the missionary appartment in Modena.  It's relatively cheap to go to (maybe €2) but the only problem is what kind of missionary just has a set of clubs?  Haha, none.  Anyways, we've got to go pack Nielsen's bags and and all that but I wanna leave you all my testimony.  Seeing that I haven't done it in italian in a while, I'll do it like that.
 
   Sono così grato di essere un missionario del Signore.  Ho visto delle benedizioni che vengono dalla missione, tutte e due nel campo missionario e a casa mia, a Park City.  Io so che il Signore ha un piano per noi nella questa vita.  Ho scoperto questa settimana che c'é una ragione per ogni cosa.  Non ce sono le coincidenze.  Veramente, siamo amati da un Padre Celeste chi vuole il migliore per noi.  L'unica cosa che dobbiamo fare è di avere la fede in Lui.  Philippians 4:13.  Vi lascio questa testimonianza nel nome di Gesù Cristo, amen.
 
-Anziano Andrew Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment