Missionary Work in Italy

Missionary Work in Italy
Andrew teaching a street contact

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

July 15, 2011

Proctor Family -

This week has been so crazy! There's been a lot that's changed since the last time I wrote you. I can't even start to tell you about the miracle that we saw yesterday night! Okay maybe I can...
Monday night Anziano MinĂ  and I were teaching a lesson to an investigator when we received a phone call from our Branch President, President Malderizzi. I took the call out into the hall and he proceeded to tell me that an investigator of 2+ years, named Nicola, finally decided that he wanted to get baptized the next day. He began investigating the Church forever ago, has given 2 talks in church, comes to church every week and even has a "calling" in Sunday School. He's read the Book of Mormon, D&C, Pearl of Great Price, the Bible and a bunch of other Church literature, a few times over, at that.

Missionaries all around the mission have taught Nicola all hoping to help him to see the importance of being baptized, but he refused to. Anyways, President called us and told us that something inside of him had clicked and we needed to have our Zone Leaders on a train that instant to Piacenza to do the interview that night. He told us that we had to make all the baptismal preparations for the next day. It was the most hectic 24 hours of my life, I think. The next day at the baptism Nicola was very emotional... It was fantastic to see him so touched by the Spirit. His friend Lucia spoke about their friendship and the long path that he had taken to follow the Savior. He just cried and cried. Finally, the time came to hop into this rickety portable font with President Malderizzi. It was a beautiful baptism.

To think that we were blessed to see the fruit of more than 2 years worth of missionary work is so amazing. He was confirmed a member of the Church and given the Gift of the Holy Ghost on the spot because he leaves today for America. In fact, he leaves today to go to BYU, in Provo. It would be so awesome for him to meet our MTC instructors who go the Y and speak Italian. He definitely needs some friends there in Provo!

Unfortunately, I no longer am with Anziano MinĂ . He was space transfered to Torino where they don't ride bikes. We're always on bikes here and it makes it hard for him because he has asthma... So I lost my Italian companion :/ Shucks! That's okay though because now I am with Anziano Wilkins who was the group ahead of me in the MTC. President Wolfgramm made me the Senior Companion even though I've not even been here 2 months. We are the youngest companionship in the whole mission! He is a super awesome farm boy from Idaho, and we're going to kill it together. He is full of energy and all he wants to do is work hard. My type of guy!

We're going to have another baptism this Saturday! I think I've already told you about Winter from Ecuador, haven't I? He is so ready. He told us that even though the baptism is at 5pm on saturday, he's going to be dressed in his all whites and waiting by the font at 3 o'clock. He's so great. And hilarious too ha.

I haven't yet recieved anything from anyone at home but I'm sure it will get here soon. I affectionately(?) call Piacenza "il buco nero." The black hole! When the Kraegels come to Park City you should have them write me a little note here on the email. That would be fantastic to hear from them. I haven't heard from Uncle Bill in forever! That's pretty scary about that Elder in Guatemala with the lions... it wasn't Searle was it??

  Also, I just sent a letter to Grandma and Grandpa last week. I sent one to Dad also with an experience I wanted to share, but it's for the both of you to read together. Thanks a bunch for all of the support that you give me. I love you all so much and miss you every day. I know that the Lord blesses each one of us to be strong, and to press forward. I am so blessed to be a missionary here in this beatiful country!

-Anziano Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment